If you are battling blocked drains in your Northern Beaches home that just won’t budge, Pearla Plumbing and Electrical can help!
Blocked drains are a common problem in domestic properties, and one of the many reasons you may need to call your local plumber. Whether you are face-to-face with a toilet that won’t flush properly or a shower that turns into a bath within a few minutes, a blocked drain can cause several complications, besides the daily inconvenience in your daily routine.
Fortunately, you don’t have to tolerate it any longer! Visit Pearla Plumbing to request a callout from our experienced and highly skilled staff and resolve your blocked drains once and for all.
5 Most Common Causes Of A Clogged Drain
Clogged drains are, in most cases, preventable with proper plumbing care and vigilance. Let’s discuss some common causes of blocked drains:
- Foreign objects being flushed down the toilet. Your home’s drains are not built to handle foreign objects such as sanitary items, cotton balls, baby wipes, and the random items your child may send away with a flush. To prevent your toilet from becoming clogged, place a waste basket near the toilet so that non-flushable items can be thrown away properly.
- Outdoor debris. An often overlooked culprit of blocked drains is outdoor debris. Leaves and other outdoor debris can blow into your drains or be introduced into the drain via the gutter. The best way to prevent this from happening is by using drain coverings and ensuring your garden and gutters are well-kept.
- Cooking oils and grease. Cooking oils that are disposed of down the drain can solidify and obstruct the pipes, leading to slow water drainage and bad odours. To prevent this, pour old cooking oils and grease into plastic bottles and discard them accordingly.
- Hair and soap suds in the bathroom. The bathroom is the most used room in the house, so it’s no doubt the drains take quite a bit of strain. To prevent hair and soap residue from building up, use drain covers and flush the drains regularly with boiling water, baking soda, and white vinegar.
- Food scraps. Forcing food scraps down the plughole is a quick and easy way to cause a drain blockage. So, if you do not have a garbage disposal, scrape excess food into the waste bin before washing up. This small change will have a significant effect on your plumbing.
Who To Call For Blocked Drains In Australia’s Northern Beaches
If you are experiencing a blocked drain, don’t allow it to fester! Instead, call the blocked drain experts at Pearla Plumbing and let them inspect and resolve the cause of your blockage. Get in touch with us today for the best blocked drain plumbing services for your Northern Beaches home!